That’s Right! We Bring Urgent Care to Your Doorstep!
What do you when you need medical care and your regular doctor’s office is closed? What if you can’t get an appointment for weeks or months? And what if traditional urgent care is too expensive? Unfortunately, you can’t expect a doctor to come to your home like they did back in the 1960s and earlier. Or can you?
Today, we at Anywhere UrgentCare™ are hearkening back to yesteryear and bringing back the house call. Or you could call it mobile urgent care, if you’d like.
Anywhere UrgentCare™ delivers essential mobile urgent care in Colorado Springs to you to save you time and money. We do house calls for blood tests, health evaluations, medication refills, simple suturing, and more. Really, we offer the most common and essential health care services that 90% of people need. And your care is provided by a fully-licensed and credentialed medical practitioner.
Our services include:
VIDEO: Mobile Urgent Care Explained
What is mobile at-home urgent care? How does it work? What services are offered? How is it paid for? What does it cost? Eileen Flavin, FNP-C, answers those questions:
Give us a call to schedule a house call at a time and location convenient for you …
Call Anywhere UrgentCare™ Now:
Learn more about urgent care …
First Understand that Urgent Care Is NOT Emergency Care
Urgent Care vs. Emergency Care: When Should You Visit the Emergency Room?
Urgent care is NOT adequately equipped or staffed to fully handle life-threatening situations. Call 911 or go directly to the emergency room for:
- contagious disease
- severe stomach pain
- difficultly breathing
- unnaturally high heart rate
- severe bleeding
- chest pain
- severe allergic reaction
- severe burn
- severe wounds, bites
- broken bone or sprain
- severe eye injury
- any other life-threatening condition
If in doubt, call 911 and explain the situation to determine if you have an emergency. Check with your insurance provider about emergency care coverage.
If it’s determined that you do not have an emergency health care situation, then urgent care is often an appropriate first line of care. The cost for urgent care is often much lower than emergency care. Also, wait times are often shorter. With Anywhere UrgentCare™, you can schedule to be seen at a time and location that’s convenient for you.
Related Blog Article:
Top 6 Things That Help Reduce Stress
What Conditions Are Treated with Urgent Care?
Urgent care is appropriate for acute, non-emergency situations. This is especially true if your regular doctor’s office is closed or too busy.
- Strep or Sore Throat: Does your throat hurt when you swallow? You might have strep. We use a test to determine if strep is present. If it is, we prescribe treatment any needed anti-biotic medication.
- Fever: Are you running a temperature? Is your forehead quite warm to the touch? Do you have the ‘chills?’ Many times this is caused by a virus that simply needs to run its course. In some cases, we prescribe medication to help alleviate discomfort.
- Ear Infection: Do you have significant pain in your ear? It could be an inner ear infection. You are evaluated to determine if you indeed have an infection or other condition. We then treat your condition accordingly. We recommend you see a medical specialist if advanced care is needed.
- Influenza: Having the flu is miserable. We can determine if you have the flu or just a bad cold. Once we determine what is going on, we offer recommendations on how to lessen symptoms. In most cases, the flu simply needs to run its course. In some cases we prescribe medication to help alleviate your discomfort.
- Mono: Suffering from constant, significant fatigue? We determine if what you are dealing with is mono or something else. We then provide treatment accordingly.
- Urinary Tract Infection: Do you have sharp pain when you urinate? We have a urine test that can confirm whether it’s caused by a urinary tract infection or not. We can prescribe medication to treat your UTI.
- Pregnancy Test: We tell you quickly and accurately whether or not you are expecting. We also let you know what to do for optimal prenatal care to ensure a healthy delivery.
- Blood Sugar: Diabetes, which is caused by high blood sugar, is a serious condition. It can negatively impact the kidneys and eyes and also increase risk of a stroke. Therefore, diagnosing this condition is crucial in order to get your blood sugar under control.
- Upper Respiratory Infection: This is another condition that seems minor but can lead to serious conditions like pneumonia. We evaluate you and start you on the right medical treatment. We recommend you see a medical specialist if you need advanced care.
- Medication Refills: Many times, the only reason you need to go see a doctor is to get your medications refilled. Anywhere UrgentCare™ can do this for you and save you a trip to the doctor.
- School Physicals: Need a physical exam for work, school, sports, or camps? We can do that for you in the comfort of your own home or workplace. This saves time, money, and the anxiety kids sometimes have visiting the doctor’s office.
- Simple Suturing: Have a non-life threatening cut or abrasion? Save yourself a visit to the emergency room. We clean and sterilize the wound and put simple sutures in. We then come back later to take them out.
- Any Other Acute, Non-Emergency Condition: The health care most people need doesn’t require emergency care or specialized care. Urgent care is the appropriate level of care when your primary care doctor isn’t available and you don’t need to see a specialist. Anywhere UrgentCare™ can evaluate your condition and provide first line of care. Most of the time, that’s all you need. If not, we always put you in touch with the right medical professional for your condition.
Common Questions About Our Mobile Urgent Care Services
What is mobile urgent care or at-home urgent care?
Mobile urgent care or at-home urgent care is bucking the trend for health care. In the 1960s, almost 40% of all doctor visits were house calls. By 1980, house calls made up only 0.6% of health care visits. Our mobile urgent care is somewhere between a regular doctor visit and an emergency care visit.
How does mobile urgent care work?
Our nurse practitioner visits you in the comfort of your home. This means you don’t have to drive to an urgent care center or emergency room and wait. Once we evaluate you, we give you the right medical treatment. We treat a wide variety of conditions, listed below.
Is mobile urgent care better than standard urgent care?
There are distinct advantages to both mobile and standard urgent care. A standard urgent care facility is fully equipped and staffed to handle more extreme health care cases. However, visits to the standard urgent care center tend to result in longer wait periods, exposure to other sick individuals, longer drive time to the clinic, and higher costs. While mobile urgent care has the capabilities to provide the essential services that more than 90% of people need. Overall, there likely is little to no difference in the quality of care or outcomes.
Can you put in or take out stitches?
Yes. If you have non-severe bleeding or small cuts, there is no need to visit the emergency room for stitches. We can easily handle this.
Can you complete ultrasounds, CT scan, X-rays, EKGs or MRIs?
No. At the present time, we do not offer these services.
Do you need insurance for urgent care?
No. You don’t have to have insurance. Actually, Anywhere UrgentCare™ is a great alternative if you don’t have health insurance. After all, an emergency room visit can average anywhere from $1,200 to $3,000 for the uninsured. We accept cash, major credit care, and health savings card. See our pricing for typical visit costs.
Does my health insurance cover my costs?
Many insurance companies allow you to pay for your urgent care up front and then file for reimbursement. We require payment at the time of your visit and then provide you a certified receipt for you to submit to your insurance provider. Contact your insurance company for coverage details before your visit.
How much is a mobile urgent care visit?
Our basic visit cost is $149. We then charge for each service we provide you. This is a tremendous savings when you compare our costs to an emergency room visit or standard urgent care centers. And since we list our prices on this website, there are no surprises when you get your bill.
What payment options do we accept?
We accept cash, major credit cards, and health savings cards.
Is mobile care better than standard care?
We have already covered the benefits of mobile urgent care when it comes to costs. Let’s face it, traditional health care is expensive. However, saving money isn’t the only advantage mobile health care has over traditional methods.
Mobile urgent care also keeps your kids from germs exposure found at public facilities. For example, if the only reason you or your child need to go to a doctor is to get a physical, it doesn’t make sense to expose yourself to all the germs in a doctor’s office. In addition, an estimated 95% of all traditional urgent care visits are for basic medical services, such as a physical.
Another advantage mobile health care has over a traditional office visit is the one-on-one treatment. In a typical office, the doctors and nurse practitioners are overwhelmed with patients. This in turn often means they are in and out of your room in under 10 minutes. However, when we come to your house to treat you, we can take as long as necessary to get to the bottom of your condition.
We Bring Urgent Care to You!
Contact Anywhere UrgentCare™ for at-home urgent care services. We do house calls to save you time and money. Simply schedule an appointment for a time and place that works best for you: